Hyderabad Metro services were launched in November of 2017 with the vision of creating efficient, safe, reliable and affordable public transportation system to transform how people move in the city. With an increasing ridership, the metro already looks promising as a serious mode of transport for Hyderabad. As the network of services grows, the metro is poised to witness a huge surge in ridership and demand.
To help commuters with making travel decisions for a seamless metro experience and to make services accessible to all commuter groups, information needs to be communicated in a way that is most convenient for them. To achieve this, Hyderabad Metro Rail Ltd. (HMRL) is embracing an open data approach which can be instrumental in steering innovation towards addressing specific needs of different commuters, thereby informing their travel choices.
About the data published
- Static information that does not change frequently like schedules, fares, routes, stops, etc. has been published
- General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) is the format that has been selected for the representation of this data
- The dataset does not cover the following kinds of data:
- Personal information of commuters
- Payment information
- Data that is deemed by HMRL as private/confidential or sensitive
- Logos and official symbols of HMRL
- Identity documents
- Data subject to other intellectual property rights
- Access to this Data is free and non-exclusive. HMRL grants You a limited (to the extent set forth below) worldwide license to use, adapt, reproduce, store (both electronically and in hard copy), display, copy, transmit, and redistribute this Data in accordance with these Terms (as between You and HMRL) for the duration of existence of such rights over the data or information. The Data may be used for commercial and non-commercial applications
- HMRL retains all rights, title, and interest in the Data and will remain the property of HMRL. Therefore, any use of this Data must attribute HMRL as the source. The following attribution statement should be used: “Contains data provided by Hyderabad Metro Rail Ltd.”
- As the user of this Data, You may not in any way, implicitly or explicitly indicate or suggest that Your entity/product is endorsed officially by HMRL
- You shall comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in Your receipt and use of the Data. You shall not modify the Data to make it inaccurate, false or misleading
- HMRL and its officials and employees assume no responsibility or legal liability for any errors or omissions in the Data and is not responsible for any injury, damage or loss whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other caused by its use even if specifically advised of the possibility of such injury, damage or loss. You acknowledge that the Data is provided to You “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” and “WITH ALL FAULTS” basis without any warranty of any kind.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless HMRL and its officers, directors, and employees from and against all fines, suits, proceedings, claims, causes of action, demands, or liabilities of any kind or of any nature arising out of or in connection with ‘Your Use of the Data’.
- HMRL will update the GTFS files with any changes or updates in its services. However, HMRL does not guarantee that the Data will be updated and cannot be held responsible if changes are not reflected. HMRL will make no notifications about any changes made to the Data
- HMRL reserves the right to modify or discontinue access to the Data (or any part thereof), temporarily or permanently, without any prior notice or explanation. You agree that HMRL will not be liable for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of access to the Data
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties as to their subject matter, and there are no other conflicting terms, conditions or obligations between the parties relating to Your Use of the Data.
- Failure to comply with the stipulated terms and conditions will cause the user’s rights to this data to end automatically. These terms are governed by Indian law.
To participate in discussions around the open data initiative, please visit the Telangana Open Data Website register with the Telangana Open Data Community Click Here
Click here to download the GTFS files Click Here