Advantages of Metro Rail
- The Metro Rail System has proven to be most efficient in terms of energy consumption, space occupancy and numbers transported.
- High-capacity carriers – very high volumes of peak hour peak direction trips.
- Eco-friendly – causes no air pollution, much less sound pollution.
- Low energy consumption – 20% per passenger km in comparison to road-based systems.
- Greater traffic capacity – carries as much traffic as 7 lanes of bus traffic or 24 lanes of car traffic (either way).
- Very low ground space occupation – 2 meter width only for elevated rail.
- Faster – reduces journey time by 50% to 75%.